Fred Clute Scholarship
MS or PhD Graduate Student ($3,000 Scholarship in 2017)
This award was established by the family and friends of Fred N. Clute, and with the support of Rhodes Chemical Company. Mr. Clute (1932–2002) worked for Evans Orchard Supply Company in Kansas City before joining Rhodes Chemical Company in 1966. He spent most of his 36 years with Rhodes educating, training, providing customer service and support, and solving problems. His greatest satisfaction was in sharing his experience, knowledge and wisdom with others. He received many awards from the state pest control associations throughout the Midwest, and attended the Purdue Pest Control Conference no fewer than eighteen times. The kindness and generosity of Mr. Clute's family and friends in supporting the growth of our students is greatly appreciated!
This award is open to any graduate student in the KSU Department of Entomology. First preference will be given those with a specific interest or research project in Integrated Pest Management (IPM). The application packet will consist of:
- A cover letter that addresses the student's specific qualifications for the award and includes the student's contact information
- A letter of support from the student’s major professor
- Two-page CV, with emphasis on integrated pest management
- Graduate school transcripts and grades (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- 1-2 page statement of how the student’s research advances the general concept of integrated pest management
According to the guidelines supplied by the KSU Foundation, the final approval of the recipient will be made by the General Scholarship Committee, who will act upon recommendations made by the departmental Awards Committee.
|2017||Ryan Schmid||Brian McCornack||$3,000|
|2016||JR Ewing||Jeff Whitworth||$1,000|
|2015||Barbara Amoah||Tom Phillips||$1,000|
|2014||Alice Harris||Brian McCornack||$500|
|2013||Alysha Soper||Jeff Whitworth|