1. K-State home
  2. »Entomology
  3. »Department of Entomology - Overview
  4. »Department Forms

Department of Entomology

Department of Entomology
123 W. Waters Hall
1603 Old Claflin Place
Kansas State University
Manhattan KS 66506-4004

785-532-6232 fax

Extension Entomology--please call

 Entomology's 2025 Strategic Plan

Entomology 2025 Plan

K-State 150 logo

Like us and follow us:

Entomology Department Forms, Promotion and Tenure Documents

Travel Forms


   Travel Requests must be completed PRIOR to travel, but are not required for In-State travel.

   Click on the appropriate link below to open the form on your computer. If it opens in a browser and the form fields are not editable, then download the PDF and open it in Acrobat or Reader.  Fill the form as completely as you can, but do not sign it at this time. Save* the completed PDF to your computer, then send it to Sharon Schroll, sschroll@ksu.edu as an email attachment. Sharon will review the information and return the form to you for your Digital Signature (see more below).

* When saving the completed form, please use this naming convention:

                     Your name departure date return date,  e.g., Katy Did 12May 17May.pdf


      Travel Request Form   Please complete this form 2 weeks prior to your expected date of travel.

       If you are funding this travel from multiple accounts or sharing the cost with another faculty member, please use the account area or the additional comment area on the form to indicate how costs should be divided. If you have received a travel reward or scholarship, please include that information in the additional comment section. Any information pertinent to your travel should be shown in the additional comment section.


**  Remember to save all your receipts and to get itemized receipts for lodging!  **

STATE SALES TAX INFORMATION: Check the Listing of States in which Kansas is or is not exempt from taxes on lodging. If Kansas does have a sales tax exemption in the state where you will be lodging, fill in the date and the seller's name and address in the SALES TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE. Print the certificate, and present it when you check-in at your lodging.


Government Subsistence Rates (for meals and lodging) as of January 1, 2016, go here for location pricing.


   After travel

     Travel Reimbursements   Please complete this form after traveling.

   Complete the travel reimbursement form when you return from travel. An incomplete or inaccurate submission will delay your reimbursement. Print the completed form, sign it, and attach all of your receipts and a copy of your itinerary.  Return the form and receipts to Sharon Schroll, 123 W Waters Hall.

In-State Travel Only: Lab members will need to get their supervising faculty's signature prior to submission of the travel reimbursement form.


Creating a Digital ID

   Creating a Digital ID (signature) is quick, easy, and secured by a password of your choice. The process of creating a digital ID can be initiated by clicking on a digital ID field in a PDF form. Basic instructions are listed in:  Digital IDs the Basics   Digital IDs can be customized to suit your style and purpose and offer enhanced security. You can read more:  Step by Step Digital IDs in Adobe Acrobat  These instructions apply to Acrobat and Reader versions XI and DC.  If you are using an earlier version and are having trouble, ask Kent Hampton for help sworm@ksu.edu


Promotion and Tenure Documents



 Leave form for exempt employees – research associates and faculty