Certain safety procedures are REQUIRED on campus
- A database of all employees and the safety training they have received will be initiated and maintained by the safety office.
- Each lab must develop and display a safety poster that is pertinent to that lab.
- Each lab must conduct a simulated spill once a year to practice spill response procedures.
- Each of these activities will be documented.
Other Important Resources
- Environmental Health and Safety Training - The K-State Department of Environmental Health and Safety has assembled a library of computer-based safety training modules to help our employees perform their work safely. Training powerpoints with certification at the end are available here.
- Biosafety Committee (IBC) Training - In addition, the University Research Compliance Office (URCO) also has online trainings available for research on human subjects, laboratory animal care and use, or use of recombinant DNA or biohazardous materials. You can access the online training here (please follow directions provided).
- The department maintains a description of Good Laboratory Safety Practices and offers a New Employee Safety Orientation Checklist which should be used by all faculty and other employees
- If you need advice or information on shipping 'hazardous materials', please consult https://www.k-state.edu/safety/environmental/shipping-receiving/ or contact the Department of Environmental Health and Safety (532-5856) regarding the rules.