Department of Entomology Graduate Policies
All students at Kansas State University are bound by the Kansas State University Honor Pledge: "On my honor, as a student, I have neither given nor received unauthorized aid on this academic work.” As such, entomology graduate students are expected to maintain academic honesty in all of their coursework. In the conduct of their research, students are also expected to maintain high standards of ethical behavior.
To fulfill these standards, students are expected to develop several traits. These include:
- The use of “searching skepticism” and an open mind when analyzing data
- The use of scientific objectivity in developing scientific values
- Knowing and disclosing conflicts of interest
- Sharing research materials in a collegial way
- Giving credit to others where credit is due
Students are strongly recommended to read On Being A Scientist: Responsible Conduct In Research, published by the U. S. National Academy of Science.
More information regarding departmental expectations is available in the Department of Entomology Graduate Handbook.