These Core Values of the Department of Entomology influence everyone in the department and guide the conduct of our day-to-day activities.
Scholarship and Service
- We take pride in our work and strive for excellence in our quest to discover and disseminate new knowledge.
- We provide opportunities that stimulate creativity and innovation.
- We encourage integrative thinking and collaboration in the formulation and exploration of scientific questions.
- We are engaged with the scientific professions, industry, and the people of Kansas and the world.
Professional Growth and Learning
- We maintain an environment that fosters the intellectual and personal development of students, faculty, and staff.
- We provide an atmosphere in which faculty and students are free to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
- We promote critical thinking, engaged learning, and creativity.
- We recognize achievement by students, faculty, and staff
Integrity and Respect
- We speak and act truthfully and keep our commitments.
- We operate with honesty and transparency.
- We display professional conduct and show respect for everyone with whom we interact.
- We honor academic freedom, responsibility, and shared governance.