Try it out and see how you do!
(see answers below)
1. Where is the tympanum located in the family Tettigoniidae?
2. In what order of insects would you find hamuli?
3. Pyriproxifen, buprofezon, fenoxycarb, triflumuron, and diflubenzuron belong to what general class of insecticides?
4. Where would you find a tormogen cell?
5. What town has a monument erected to the cotton boll weevil?
6. Who wrote:
So, naturalists observe, a flea
Hath smaller fleas that on him prey;
And these have smaller still to bite ‘em;
And so proceed ad infinitum.
7. John Henry Comstock's taxonomic specialty was with what family if insects?
8. What popular journal did C. V. Riley and B. D. Walsh begin in 1868?
9. What insects are featured in the MTV movie named "Joe's Apartment"?
10. Who was the first person to recognize that true flies have two wings and gave them the name “Diptera”?
1. Front tibia
3. Insect growth regulators
4. Epidermal cell that forms the socket of a seta
5. Enterprise, Alabama
6. Jonathan Swift
8. The American Entomologist
if you got all these correct - please contact our team advisor and sign up for the next competition!